– Does not the artist use multiple colors in his palette?
– That Song: Calls two “the loneliest number since the number one.”
– Does not the seagull fly in flocks?
– Gina will stand and give the following testimony: “I can tell you, that, as a woman, I’d kill to have another wife around. Men can be such slobs that it would take three of us just to do one man’s laundry!” [Coach Tina: Keep a straight face or the Against team will eat us alive!]
– That Other Song: “Give me two girls. So I can… something something…”
– Does not the goose fly in gander?
– Brian will stand, give a little laugh, and say, “Let me just vocalize what is on all the guys’ minds right now. Two chicks whenever you want.” Brian will high-five Mitch as he sits.
– “Big Love”: a popular TV show about polygamy. [Haven’t seen it, it’s on premium stations. Best just to mention in passing.]
– Another Song: “Before you knock it, try it first / And you’ll see it’s a blessing and it’s not a curse.” [The “Against” team may mention that this song is about marijuana and not polygamy. Still, we will argue that it is a good point in all situations. The Againsts, if they are really on their game may reply, “Even murder?” Do not fall in this pit! Admit, “No, not murder or anything that involves harming others.”]
– Everybody loves Mormons, right? Right?
– Amanda will stand and give the following testimony: “From a woman’s standpoint, having another woman in the house would be great. We’d have girls nights all the time. You know, no men allowed. And don’t get me started on the clothes-sharing possibilities!” Women love sharing clothes.
– Maybe only really smart men—doctors, debaters—should be allowed to have multiple wives. Shouldn’t superior genes be spread as far as they can go? Survival of the fittest, right? [If the Againsts are really on the ball, they may mention that this was Hitler’s philosophy. We will liken the tossing out of ALL Hitler’s ideas to throwing the baby out with the bathwater. The baby being polygamy. The bathwater being Hitler.]
– Another Song: “A little bit of Tina in the sun / A little bit of Rita having fun / A little something something in the can / A little bit of you makes me your man” – very catchy, very true!
[Remind group: Winner of the debate gets free pizza party with up to three toppings and soda!]